- Kathy Foster on Different Types of Phonics—What Are They?
- Sally Cole on Different Types of Phonics—What Are They?
- Kathy Foster on What Is A Good Reading Program—How Should We Teach Reading?
- How Do I Teach Phonics to Beginning Readers? | Sound Bytes Reading on What Is A Good Reading Program—How Should We Teach Reading?
- Mohammad on What Is A Good Reading Program—How Should We Teach Reading?
Tag Archives: blending words
Review the lesson from last week, and then practice reading this decodable story. Cover all of the sentences except for the first one with a sheet of paper so your child can only see one line of print at a … Continue reading
You have taught your child five letter-sounds and practiced blending words using those sounds. Now it’s time to have a short reading lesson. Be sure to keep it positive. If your student forgets a word, no problem, just give a … Continue reading
How does learning to talk relate to learning to read? Some people believe that children learn to speak in whole words from the beginning; therefore, beginning readers should learn to read words as a whole unit rather than learning letter-sounds … Continue reading